A Particular project
Several charities have asked me to take on specific projects. For example:
- An assessment of the whole fundraising operation. Strategy, structure and individual HoD’s competence. From that, a full SWOT analysis, and a suggested way forward. Discussed, probably rejected and then refined.
- An assessment of a major appeal that has got stuck, meetings with key staff, volunteers and donors, and from all that a suggested way forward,
- A merger of two charities, a review of all the fundraising issues of two charities with very different fundraising operations, and recommendations of key fundraising issues to be addressed in the merger.
These projects probably have just two things in common.
- They are interactive. A repeating dialogue between me and the charity lead, only ending when the client is totally happy.
- They are not about: ‘helping create a one-year direct marketing plan’. There are others with far more experience than I.
A total fundraising strategy Where to start.
A major appeal An extraordinary opportunity, that every charity should consider.
Mentoring potential star future fundraising directors, or indeed you, if the chemistry was right.
“The joy of working with Giles is that he always sees through the fuss and bother that is oft created around a challenge and can jump straight to the solution, having of course allowed everyone to have their say first! A real knack when you are working with volunteers! You can take him anywhere to meet anyone, nothing fazes him, always prepared, he is a classic and classy act!!”
Anita Green Vice President; NSPCC